In its capacity, NFC-IFRI is the main provider and administrator of data on national forest resource. It also provides complex photogrammetry services for forest sector and related industries and is responsible for the creation of a national thematic map set on forests.
Its main tasks include:
- Collection, processing, administration and dissemination of complex data on forests including geodata and sectoral statistics including hunting
- Development and management of the sectoral information system and national thematic map set on forests
- Development of methodologies, guidelines, work practices, analyses and predictions related to forests and their management
- Development of data management IT solutions and work practices to optimise acquisition and processing of aerial imagery using digital photogrammetry and 3D visualisation
- Quaternary timber market reports
- Development of Forestportal, a national website on forests www.forestportal.sk